Spanish Chicken and Bean Fry Pan-bake
Vibrant and wholesome, this easy one-dish bake gives you the taste of Spain in just 30 mins.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper cut into 6 wedges + seeds removed
- 1 orange pepper cut into 6 wedges + seeds removed
- 4 Hellers precooked chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 800g chopped tomatoes in puree
- 1 tsp sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 400g cannellini beans
- 1 pack Santa Rosa sliced chicken
- 100g large green olives [optional]
- In a large cast iron pan or pot add the olive oil and fry the onions for 5 mins until tender.
- Add the garlic, cook for 2 mins until it starts to caramelise. Then add the peppers and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the chorizo and fennel seeds, fry for 2 mins before adding the tomatoes, oregano and paprika. Then simmer the mix for 10 mins.
- Add the beans and chicken, and heat through for 5 mins.
- Finish off by adding half the green olives. Then season to taste and serve.
Top with flat leaf parsley, toasted almonds and lemon zest. And serve with a fresh green salad or tortilla wrap.