Smoked Chicken, Cucumber and Herb Mayo Party Fingers
Dainty chicken and cucumber sandwich fingers always seem to be one of the first things gobbled up at any party! Here is a new twist on them using delicious Santa Rosa smoked chicken, still just as moorish and equally as popular!
- 2 pack 300g Santa Rosa smoked chicken
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 435g Best Food mayo
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup each fresh tarragon, parsley + chives finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 loaf white or multi-grain sliced sandwich bread
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced into rounds
- Finely chop up the smoked chicken and place it into a large bowl. Add the spring onions, herbs, mayo, lemon juice and a couple of twists of cracked pepper. Combine together well.
- To assemble place 4-6 slices of bread onto a board and gently smear the chicken filling sparingly onto each piece of bread. Place the cucumber slices onto one half and then take the slice without cucumber and place it on top to make a sandwich. Repeat this process until all the filling is used.
- Stack the sandwiches 2-3 high and gently slice off all the crusts. Now cut them evenly through the middle to create 2 party fingers.
Assemble onto a platter and keep in the refrigerator covered with a damp Handee towel and cling film until required. They will stay fresh for a day or so and can easily be made a day ahead. Making them a day or two ahead of time may require omitting the cucumber as this has a tendency to make them go soggy.