Smoked Chicken Autumnal Salad with Hazelnut Dukkah Dressing
This salad is lovely anytime of the year but as summer fades and the days get cooler it’s still nice to eat salad once in a while. This one delivers on comfort as well as deliciousness!
- 2 x 300g Santa Rosa Smoked Chicken shredded
- 500g beetroot – peeled + oven roasted or precooked packs
- ½ crown pumpkin cut into wedges seeds removed
- 2 orange zest
- ½ cup olive oil
- 100g feta
- 1 bunch red radishes thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Dressing: 80g Roasted Peeled Hazelnuts
- Dressing: 1 garlic clove
- Dressing: 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Dressing: ½ tsp each cumin seeds and fennel seeds
- Dressing: 150ml Olive Oil
- 2 lemons
- 4 sprigs mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Place the pumpkin wedges, orange zest into a large bowl and season well. Drizzle over with olive oil and toss together
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients together then pour over the salad. Toss together well and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the wedges onto a lined baking tray and cook for 1 ¼ hours until the pumpkin is soft and starting to caramelise. Set aside for assembly later.
- To make the hazelnut dukkah place the coriander, cumin and fennel seeds into a dry fry pan and gently toast over medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and allow them to cool. Place all the ingredients into a food processor except the olive oil and turn it on for 10-15 seconds. Slowly pour in all the olive oil until it comes together. Check seasoning and remove the dressing into a small bowl.
- Slice the smoked chicken into thin strips and slice the cooked beetroot into small bite sized pieces.
To assemble the salad place 2-3 wedges of pumpkin onto each plate, dot 5-6 pieces of beetroot, 4-5 slices of smoked chicken, a few radish slices and crumble over ¼ of the feta. Now drizzle the dressing all over the plate and finish with mint leaves, radish sprouts and a good squeeze of lemon. Season each plate and serve.