Coronation Chicken Baguette
Take a retro English salad, load it into a classic French baguette and get the most delicious Sunday sandwich. Ever.
- 1 large French baguette
- 2 packs Santa Rosa shredded chicken
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tsp yellow curry paste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 spring onions - finely sliced
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp red Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 1 bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 cos lettuce shredded
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, crème fraiche, mango chutney, yellow curry paste, turmeric powder, cinnamon, cracked pepper, spring onions, lemon juice and Tabasco. Combine well.
- Fold in the chicken, toasted flaked almonds and half the fresh coriander leaves.
- Cut the baguette in half and spread the coronation chicken mix evenly over both sides.
- Top with the shredded cos lettuce and remaining coriander before gently sandwiching the bread together. Cut into generous slices.
Top with a handful of pomegranate seeds (if in season). And for those that like it hot, serve with extra Tabasco sauce.