Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pot Pie
A no-fuss pie full of savoury delights, serve it up with a steaming bowl of buttery mashed potato.
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks washed and sliced into rounds
- 200g Hellers Danish middle eye bacon finely chopped
- 2 fresh thyme
- 200g crème fraiche
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp cold water whisked together
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 pack Santa Rosa shredded chicken
- 2 puff pastry sheets + egg wash
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease a 20cm round casserole dish.
- In a large fry pan, heat the butter and oil. Sauté the leeks for 10 mins. And then the bacon for 5 mins.
- Add the thyme, crème fraiche and chicken stock then simmer.
- Stir in the cornflour water until sauce thickens (about 5 mins).
- Add the lemon zest, mustard and chicken. Simmer for 5 mins. Then season to taste.
- Cut out the puff pastry into a circle slightly bigger than the pie dish. Then egg wash.
- Pour the pie mix into the dish and seal the pastry lid by crimping the edges.
- Bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden and flaky.
Finish off with a big dollop of buttery mashed potato.
Share your comment…
How much chicken stock do I use?
Hi Anita, thanks for pointing this out to us, the correct amount of stock to use is 200ml and we've added that to the recipe now :-)